This year, I turned 30… something I had been dreading for years. On my 26th birthday, I called my mother crying because I was closer to 30 than I had been yesterday. Yes, I was ridiculous. No, there really was nothing that big about turning 30. And with that, I’ve embraced entering my third decade in this universe. So as I sit and think of New Year’s Resolutions, or more so, my hopes and dreams for 2015, I have decided to use 30 as the theme.
Health/Fitness Goals :
Over all, my dream is to be more fit and healthy, with an eventual marathon under my belts #CauseI’mCrazy – Strike through means completed.
1. Make healthy meals for lunches and breakfast.
Original Goal – Changed due to Pregnancy – Half Marathon – I was signed up for my first Half (13.1 miles) at the end of November, but unfortunately was unable to make it due to a nasty case of Bronchitis. 2015 will be my year!
2. Trip to Boston – I have been avoiding going to see my foot doctor, out of fear of the unknown. My foot feels great, so I haven’t wanted to get x-rays or anything. Time to be an adult.
3. 5k in under 30 mins – For many this is an easy goal, but I’ve been averaging around 37/38 mins. I want to get under that 30 min mark.
4. Complete the PiYo 60 day challenge – I love PiYo and its blend of yoga and pilates. Not only does it make you more flexible (and serene), but also is low impact (compared to running) and makes you stronger.
5. Eat breakfast every morning
6. Run 10 races (I did 5 in 2014)
7. Be active 3 x a week
Original Goal – Changed due to Pregnancy – Run 30 miles a month
8. Drink 8 cups of water each day – I am terrible at this and proper hydration is SO IMPORTANT.
9. Go to the Dentist 10. Pregnancy Weight Gain – 25lbs
Original Goal – Change due to Pregnancy – Lower my body fat percentage to 20%
Overall Dream: Be successful at my job, teaching PiYo and Running classes, and a Best Selling Author.
11. Finish edits to my book (3 chapters left!! 2016)
12. Sell 15 crocheted items
Original Goal – Change due to Pregnancy – Get PiYo certified
13. Continue my BDN blog 14. Be more organized 15. Not use all my vacation by July – I am so terrible about this one. 16. Be more punctual 17. Reach the next level of my career at work 18. Write more 19. Network more within my leadership group at work
20. Become involved with a new volunteer organization
Personal Development Goals
Dream: To continue to grow and be the best mom and wife I can be.
21. Crochet 30 new items
22. Read 30 new books
23. Try 30 new recipes
24. Focus on paying down debt 25. Schedule me time
26. Focus on being present for my children
27. Knit Wits – This is a group I am involved in at my work where we crochet/knit blankets, hats, gloves, shawls, etc for Veterans
28. Validate the people in my life more – I want to recognize all the wonderful things our family does for us and show them that I appreciate them.
29. Take a class/Learn something new 30. Believe in myself. I can do this!
30 goals to reach my dreams! I’ll keep you all up to date on the progress as we enter 2015!