Based on this recipe!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Creme Pies
Recipe Type: Snack
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 32 mins
- For the oatmeal cookie:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour (One that incorporated Xanthan Gum powder. I used King Arthur’s.)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups gluten free Bob Red Mill’s Oats
- For the filling:
- For the Cream Filling:
- 2 teaspoons hot water (not boiling)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 oz.) jar of Fluff
- ½ cup shortening
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Cream the butter, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and stir to combine; mix in the oats.
- Drop tablespoon sized scoops onto the cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until just starting to brown. They should look moist, you do not want to overcook the cookies.
- In a separate small bowl, place salt in with the hot water and let it dissolve.
- Combine the fluff, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix on high until fluffy.
- Add the salt water.
- Scoop out filling and put on the under side of cookie. Top it with another cookie and enjoy!